2017 C Worlds Regatta
Notice of Race
Hosted by Delavan Lake Yacht Club
October 7-8, 2017
Click here for C Worlds 2017 SI
SI and NOR Disclaimer:
Sailing is an activity that has an inherent risk of damage and injury. Competitors in this event are participating entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. The race organizers (the organizing authority, race committee, protest committee, host club, sponsors, or any other organization or official) will not be responsible for damage to any boat or other property or the injury to any competitor, including death, sustained as a result of participation in this event. By participating in this event, each competitor, or in the case of minors, each competitor’s parent or guardian agrees to release the race organizers from any and all liability associated with such competitor’s participation in this event to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Venue: Delavan Lake Yacht Club, 1501 Cedar Point Drive, Delavan, WI 53115.
Rules: The races will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS).
Eligibility: The regatta is open to all Class C Scows.
Advertising: ISAF Regulation 188.8.131.52.3 shall be followed for this event.
Registration: Please register online at dlyc.com
The entry fee is $70 which includes 4 lunches. Youth Skippers under 25 are $35.
• Registration also includes free appetizers and first keg of beer on Friday and Saturday evenings.
• As a condition to participating in this regatta, competitors grant the Delavan Lake Yacht Club, and its agents, employees, sponsors, assigns and those in concert therewith, the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and video footage taken of themselves and their crew and guests, without notification, for use or distribution in any media whatsoever for the editorial or advertising purposes, or to be used in press information. Competitors agree to release, defend, and hold harmless the Delavan Lake Yacht Club and its agents, employees, sponsors, assigns and those working in concert therewith, from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the photographs and video footage.
Friday, October 6th, 2017
- 6:00pm - 9:00pm Registration & launching.
- Cocktail party with free appetizers and first keg of beer at DLYC during Registration.
Saturday, October 7th, 2017
- 8:00am - 9:00am – Late Registration.
- 9:00am - Competitors Meeting.
- 9:30am - Hour signal for Race 1.
- Other racing to follow at the discretion of the Race Committee.
- Fish boil party and cocktails with free appetizers and first keg of beer after sailing at DLYC.
Sunday, October 8th, 2017
- TBD Warning signal-first race of the day. (Note: If three or more races have been sailed, no warning signal after 1:00pm. If less than three races have been sailed, there will be no warning signal after 2:30pm).
- Lunch and Awards Ceremony after completion of the final race.
Scoring: The low point scoring system, RRS A4, shall apply. Five races are scheduled, of which three must be completed to constitute a series. This changes RRS A2.
Awards: Trophies will be awarded to the skipper and one crew finishing 1st-3rd.
Lodging: Delavan offers many great hotels. Click here: Lodging for DLYC regattas
There is limited housing with DLYC members on a first come, first served basis. Please email us and we will do our best to find housing.
Contact: Rachel Beers at email@example.com or Greg Gifford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-903-5045.